Monday, July 11, 2011

Bacon and Sun-Dried Tomato Penne

I'm posting this yummy recipe at the request of Miss Jamie... ;)

This recipe was a really good, yet light dinner. During the summer I find it hard to want to do heavy cooking, b/c hey, it's 5,000 degrees outside. So, for this meal I did, this pasta dish, with Ciabatta rolls, and green beans. Salad would be good too. ;)

Bacon and Sun-Dried Tomato Penne

2 1/4 cups uncooked penne pasta

1 container (10oz) refrigerated Alfredo pasta sauce

1/2 cup dry-pack sun dried tomatoes, cut into julienne strips (I actually just cut up 3 Roma tomatoes instead, and it was fabulous).

6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled (don't worry if you cook it slightly too long, b/c the juice from the sauce helps moisten it a little)

1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves (I actually omitted this, b/c Lily isn't too keen on "grass" in her food.) ;)


1) Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.

2) Meanwhile, in 1-qt. saucepan, heat Alfredo sauce and sun-dried tomatoes over low heat 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated, and tomatoes are plump.

3) In large serving bowl, toss cooked pasta w/ Alfredo sauce mixture. Top with bacon and basil. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper, if desired. *I think next time I make this, I may add some grated mozzarella as well, and have it melt all over.

So there you go, yummy and light summer meal. =) Let me know what you think.

1 sunshines:

Penny said...

Sounds yummy! Thanks!