Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Well hellooo beautiful!

Can anyone guess what movie that line is from? It's one of Brett & I's favorite movie lines...pretty funny!

Anyways...I'm going to steal this blog post outline from a friend...it makes for a good update.

So what have the Ashcrafts been up to...well, it's been since December since I blogged so you assume a lot right? Not earth shattering a lot, but it's been busy.

And here we gooo......(another movie line)

Let's start off with the children...

Molly. Molly is a hoot.

She turned 7 in November, and is very excited for her baptism when she turns 8. She knows her first and second Article of Faiths and will gladly tell anyone that will listen. She loves drawing, reading and playing. We are actually looking at getting her into art lessons. Her art teacher said that she has the art gene, and is fabulous. She is also in jazz. That is not her strong suit. I think she is a little more spunk than what she should have for jazz. She wants to do gymnastics again, and I think we are going to put her in that after her dance year ends. She was in gymnastics for 2 1/2 years before we moved here, and has always loved it. Gee, I wonder who she gets that from...
She finally got a puppy for Christmas. Yes, a puppy. That little addition will be in a later post. Molly is also loving reading. She's doing very well in school, and loves reading and math. She gets the reading from me, and apparently her love of math from Brett. I hate Math. With a passion. Molly is also getting to the age of boy craziness. It's still in the VERY early stages, but she does think they are pretty nifty. She also finally got her first bunk bed. She loves it. We decorated her bed with the Island Patchwork bedding from PB Kids. It's so Molly. She's excited for the time that Lily can come and sleep in her room. I will definitely run with that one while we can.

I guess that bring us to our next little booger.
Lily.
(photo courtesy of Cathy Hengst Photography)

She is a mess. She's a total sweetheart and a total jibber jabber. She refuses to say words right. I think her laid back personality is definitely showing through. She used to say cow, like cow. NOW...she says "DOW." Immediately followed by:"Moooooooooo." Well, we have tons of cows around us. So anytime I drive down any roads that I know cows are, I just sit and wait. She never fails me. "DOW." "Moooooooooo." She sounds/looks so cute when she says hello. She dips her head a little, turns it to the side, and says: "hello." All the while having this huge smile on her face. She loves babies, loves her kitchen that Santa brought her, loves cooking, and will cook me food anytime I ask. She also LOVES, and I mean LOVES fruit snacks. She also isn't fond of pork. She used to love it, but as she gets older, she doesn't like pork. She likes hots dogs, but much like her daddy, prefers the BEEF ones. She also loves to read, and sing, and talk on the phone. She will carry on a 5 minute conversation with the phone. She laughs and talks, then stops, laughs and talks. Quite the funny girl she is. She definitely has a fun, and free spirit. Just like her sister. She also loves trying to hang out with Molly and all of Molly's friends. They all adore her, but Molly likes hanging out with her friends. WITHOUT Lily. Maybe Lily will have a younger sibling one day...


Onto the man of the house...

Brett. He's fabulous. He's busy all the time. He is now in Scouts at church, and is really enjoying working with the guys. He's getting to know people better(about time, we've been in the ward almost 2 years). He's busy with work, school, and his family. He's such an awesome man, and I'm so blessed to have him as my husband. He has been a huge support system to me over the last 5 1/2 years, and always supports whatever I want to do. He doesn't really do any new fun tricks, or dance or anything, so I can't tell ya about that stuff. He's just Brett. Somehow he manages to do everything he does, and still keep his cute smile. I love his smile. It's so friendly and reassuring. Thank you for being you Brett.

Onto the momma of the house...

I constantly feel like I'm going like a chicken with its head cut off. When I go to bed, I always feel like I should've done something else. Like I didn't get everything done. I love being at home, and being able to take care of my family. Being able to be home when Molly gets home from school, and being the person to take care of these awesome kiddos makes me so happy. I'm now in Primary. I teach some awesome kiddos, and have already become very attached to them. The wonderful primary president called them my sheep the other day. It made me smile. They are my little sheep. They're just like my kiddos, except I don't take care of them 24/7. However, I do get to help be part of their spiritual growth and that is awesome. They are an awesome group of kids, and I hope to be able to help them learn as much as possible. As well, learn from them. I'm also in Activity Days. I serve with some awesome women and enjoy getting to know then, and the girls in activity days!
I'm also still doing photography. I love it. I have truely found what I want to do in my life. I love being able to help families capture timeless moments, and being able to see the smile on their face when they see the end result. I love getting to know the families and see how they interact with one another. I love being able to do something that I love for a job.
I'm also busy lately with planning Miss Lily's 2nd birthday party. She's turning 2 people. 2!!!! I can't believe it. I'm also the room parent for Molly's class. Which means doing class parties. It's so fun to watch the kids interact. Molly loves having me help with school, and I enjoy being able to do that. I'm also on yearbook for her school. It's the first year for this yearbook, since it is the first year for this school. I'm a little nervous how things will turn out, but I'm working with some awesome women.
Also another piece of news. We have been trying for another baby. YEP. You heard it. We have been trying for the past 4 months. We haven't gotten that wonderful blessing yet, but it will come when Heavenly Father is ready. Until then, we will just enjoy the 2 kiddos we have. Dealing with 2 kiddos and Roxy is just like dealing with 3.

Well, I hope I did a good job at updating this blog. I will try to be better about updating and not going months and months without updates.
I hope everyone is doing well and is enjoying the last bit of winter weather that Texas has.

Until later......

4 sunshines:

Stephanie said...

Thanks for updating, I have to say I have the cutest nieces in the world! I miss not being there more to see them, I think about them and you all the time. Life is best when it's busy right? I had the feeling that you and Bret were trying for another baby, I was just afraid to ask. I feel your faith in God as I read this update, you are such an AWESOME women! Love you!

Cathy Hengst Photography said...

GREAT to see you back in the blogging world, I need to get better at updating mine. Hope to see you soon!

Leslie said...

Love the updates and reading about what keeps you so busy. SO glad to hear that you are loving your "sheep"...BAAA! Too bad there aren't more sheep around...it could be Lilly's next word. You are awesome!

Ginny Jackson said...

Thanks for updating. I'm glad you are so happy.