I remember the first time I ever heard Michael Buble. Brett had heard him at work from his co-worker Joe. Uncle Joe as the girls call him. Joe is fabulous and so funny with the girls. Okay, back to Michael & Brett, or else I will need to title this: "Joe."
Brett loved Michael Buble. He still does. When I first heard him, my first thought: "Nope, don't like him, he sounds too classical for me." Well, Brett had me listen to a couple of his songs, and I then went from not liking him, to...well, somewhat liking him. Brett has a tendency to OVERPLAY songs. I like them, then he overplays them, then I can't stand them. Well, that didn't happen with Michael Buble. I started to love him. I now have a ton of favorites from this wonderful singer, and have my husband to thank.
There are a ton of songs that I love just b/c they remind me of my feelings for my wonderful husband. The man that almost 7 years ago I married. The man that took Molly on as his child when her biological dad didn't. The man that has been my rock during a lot of shaky times. The man that I love with all of my heart, and truly feel comfortable with. The man that is so amazing with our children. The man that has been extremely supportive of my decision to have a photography business and listens to me talk about various things with the business, even though he has heard them all before. The man, who when I do something silly, but yet annoying...he just smiles and shakes his head. Also, the man that has been juggling, school, work, and church for the last 100 years (okay, so it seems that long), I mean 7 years just because he wants to support his family, and knew that's what it took. However, during those 7 years he has come away from school with 2 (well the 2nd one will be in a week!) degrees, and a certificate, and is only one semester away from having another bachelors degree. Wow. Brett sure is fabulous if you read this last little paragraph. MMMM....to keep him from getting a big head, maybe I need to go and erase some of that. Lol. Just kidding. So, to summarize this, I absolutely love that Brett introduced me to wonderfulness that is Michael Buble. Now I have even more songs to store into my memory that remind me of my wonderful husband, and all the memories we have to share.
I have another reason to list why I love Brett. It's b/c he is the man that when I'm trying desperately to get a picture of my cute little family on Easter, and my kids aren't cooperating, he flashes a big ole smile and gives me a wonderful picture. Now Lily isn't looking at the camera, but Brett and Molly are. Molly is actually in the process of laughing b/c I was on the other side of the camera saying: "Seriously?! Can't you guys give me ONE, just ONE picture, where everyone is looking at me?" This is what I got...but I will always remember what is going on in this picture. Brett, you're pretty fabulous. Just sayin'.
Easter 2011












1 sunshines:
Brett has always been so fabulous. Y'all make a wonderful couple.
Post a Comment