Friday, July 31, 2009

Lily's stroller...and her allergic reaction!

A couple of weeks ago we went up to hang out and swim with one of my great friends Jamie, and her kiddos, Savannah, Kylie and McKay (well, McKay slept)! We had a blast with them and we're so glad we had the chance to hang out. Lily fell in love with a stroller that was there. Needless to say, we went out and had to buy one that night. She loves her stroller and still goes for it immediately upon waking up. She loves it, and loves to take it outside. I was quite worried that I wouldn't find one that Lily liked, but once we got to the baby isle at Toys R Us, I immediately saw the stroller. It's black and hot pink. Such a girly stroller. It came with a baby, so now she has two babies that she loves to pieces. She has her cabbage patch from Aunt Alisha :), and she has the other baby that came with the stroller. So...thanks Aunt Jamie, for having us come swim, and also for getting Lily hooked on a new toy that she tries to take EVERYWHERE. Including when we get in the car to go somewhere! She then has a meltdown when we don't take it w/ us! So here is Lily hanging out pushing the stroller, yep, that's all she cared to do. Didn't care to swim really, but sure loved that stroller!


Watching us all swim and hang out.
Here is Miss Lily pushing her baby in her new stroller....

While hanging out, Jamie and I noticed little red patches appearing on Lily. We though it was odd, and then Jamie mentioned maybe she was allergic to the sunscreen I put on her. I thought it was strange, b/c I used it on her when she was a baby with no reactions. BUUUUT, as the day went on, it got worse. I ended calling her doctor and they said to give Benadryl and if it got worse by the next morning, to call. Well, the next morning, Lily's lips and eyes had started to get swollen, along with patches ALL over her poor body. Oh and yes, we can't forget her little sausage fingers. We had to take her into the doc and get a steroid prescription. The doc said he was surprised at how bad it was, and they normally only get 1-2 cases of that type of reaction a year. I dubbed Lily as a freak of nature! ;)

Here are the pics from the 2nd day of the reaction.
Her little face.

Her chest before soaking in the oatmeal bath...


During the oatmeal bath...


Her poor little back


And the little sausages...I mean fingers.

Yep, Lily is allergic to Coppertone Waterbabies. Not sure exactly what in the sunscreen, but we will not be using it again!
She has made a full recovery, and is back to her normal looking self! I got to deal with all that fun stuff while Brett was away on business. Oh what fun!


5 sunshines:

Amy said...

Poor baby! Rashes are so scary anyway. Glad she recovered!

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for these stroller pics! :) What a little cutis she is... I just love her to pieces! Still can't believe how bad her reaction was... so scary!

Jenn said...

YIKES! Poor girl!

Sherri S. said...

OMG poor Lily! Ohh that looks soo painful... those oatmeal baths rock though :)

I didn't know you blogged on here! How exciting... I have a family blog too but it is set to private so I will add your email from Design{for}Baby :D

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

her stroller is so cute! she is so cute pushing it. I would have freaked if my daughter had a rash. I can't take things like that, I wouldn't know what to do! Glad she's better!