A quick picture for your viewing pleasure....
What is going on?....
Which is what I'm sure Miss Lily is thinking, as I lay her down in her crib, and she proceeds to cry, and I walk out of the door, and clo it behind me.Yes, we are still trying to get Lily to like and sleep in her crib. She has her good and bad days, and I have mine. She takes all naps in her crib, but trying to get her to sleep through the night in that thing is another story. Sometimes I feel like a failure as a mother as I hear about other babies sleeping in their cribs, and then am asked if Lily does good in hers. To which, I reply with: "No, she doesn't like her crib." I'm trying reallllly hard to wean her, which I know will help drastically. Yesterday we did really good, partially because my much stronger hubby was home, and helps me out. Lily only nursed 2 times yesterday, maybe 3. I can't remember if there was a 3rd time, I don't think there was. She nursed in the morning, and then last night before bed. Today has been a little harder. Oh goodness, I thought I was doing something good by nursing her to at least a year, but it seems as though I've created quite the predicament......She WILL be done nursing soon though. HOPEFULLY. HOPEFULLY.
Onto another topic.
Monday, April 13, 2009
What is going on?
Molly had a ton of fun with Easter. My mom and one of my mom's close friends, who I often in the past have called my 2nd or 3rd mom, took Molly, Lily, and Sharons two girls to Brenham and Independance. There was an egg hunt in Independance and so off they went. Molly had a blast with everything, but Lily wasn't too fond of the Easter Bunny. My mom got a picture of Lily's reaction, which I need to post once I get it. While they did that, Brett and I went to a couple's shower for my wonderful friend Jamie and her husband Greg! That was a lot of fun, but unfortunately I didn't get any pictures, b/c I forgot(yes a shocker) my camera. The decorations were absolutely adorable, and the wonderful and talented April did all of them. April is also the one who designed the baby shower invitations for my baby shower, and Lily's super cute birthday invites. Which I have to post, b/c I never did... I had to black out the address, and our phone # as I don't want crazies getting it.
April did a fantastic job, and I HIGHLY recommend her.We had a blast at the shower and can't wait to meet the adorable Mr. McKay. After the shower, we decided to head over to the outlets and do some shopping at the Coach store, seeing as how I still had birthday money left over from my dad. It was like a madhouse in there, but I did come out with a super cute purse which I'm posting. Here is a picture that is mine, except I got the full corner covers on the bottom. They are wider, so they cover the whole corner. I have to have that b/c of the massive abuse the corners take.
I also got a super cute pink checkbook wallet, but can't find the picture. It was an awesome price too. Got the purse 50% off, and the wallet 30% off. Thank you dad for my birthday cash!!!
We then came home, did some grocery shopping, then the girls got home and we relaxed the rest of the day.
Sunday, the Easter bunny visited, and the girls loved their baskets from him.
We went to church, came home, the girls did their hunt, which I still need to upload pics from, and then we ate dinner. After we ate dinner, and visited with my mom, and then she left. We then proceeded to brave the task of dejunking the garage. We did get quite a bit accomplished, I'll tell ya.
We got the girls bathed, and in bed. Brett had some homework, and I did the fun thing of opening my new scrapbook order, and organizing all of the fun stuff I got. We then got ready for bed, and I read up on my Twilight book. I got more than halfway through the book when the movie came out. I stopped reading it for awhile, and watched the movie, which made me want to read it even more. So I've been reading it every single night, since Thursday. Well, Brett decided he wanted to watch Twilight and see what it was all about. I think he likes it more than I do....well, he isn't in love with Edward like I am, but he is planning on seeing the next movie, and asks quite a bit of questions that only I can answer once I finish reading Twilight.
Well, I better get off here. Molly is home now, and we're off to be outside in the BEAUTIFUL weather. Hopefully I can get some scrapbooking or card making done tonight after the girls go to bed. I'm SERIOUSLY wanting to play with my new stuff.
Posted by Melanie at 4/13/2009 03:32:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













5 sunshines:
Lily is so dang cute-love those pictures! I don't think Alyssa wanted to sleep anywhere but with me for the first several years. I was a sucker and let her a lot of the time (smile). She's grown out of that though-they always do! You're awesome! Cute purse!
You are doing a great job with Lily!! Being a mom is just tough and I think every mom does something we wish we never started. It WILL get easier with each day that you make her sleep in her crib. I know it's so hard to listen to them cry though. :(
It was SO nice seeing you and Bret on Saturday... thanks so much again for coming. I was SO excited to see that you got your purse!! LOVE it! Love that fun color. That store is a zoo, but well worth the long wait in line for a good deal!
Tell Bret that Greg watched Twilight too. :) Greg got made fun of for that one, but he didn't care. :)
You are a wonderful mom. Don't feel bad for anything-- everyone just does the best they can with what they have. The great thing about children is that they're resilient-- so if something's not working for you, or for them, it may take some work but it can be changed!! Letting them cry is HEART WRENCHING. When it's all over though, you will be a happier mom for it because you're getting good sleep, you & Brett will be happier because you have more time together sans kids & Lily will be happier because she'll gain autonomy & independence as she grows out of the baby stage & into the little girl state. It's just the now that's hard. But you're doing FANTASTIC!!!
You are too cute! And Lily is so precious. I can see why you are wrapped around her cute little finger!!!
Listen, the only moms who talk about their kids sleeping in cribs are moms whose kids sleep in cribs. The rest of us went through what you are dealing with. Also, weaning is hard, but I always say that they won't be asking to nurse when they are fifteen, so it isn't a permanent problem. Hang tough! (Cute pix!)
Post a Comment