Well, actually it wasn't a bad day. Just a funny, couple of minutes. So picture this.
Lily has a really bad rash right now, which I'm suspecting is from strawberry yogurt melts. She got done with her antibiotics on Sunday, and yesterday around 1, I noticed a really bad rash forming. I knew it wasn't from the antibiotics b/c she is having diarrhea from the antibiotics, and also the rash didn't happen sooner. Anyways. The rash was getting to the point where when I laid her down to change her, she would cry. So I thought back to the pediatrician I used to dictate for, would always say to let the babies go without a diaper for a while. It was close to dinner, so I thought I would let her go in the kitchen with me and run around w/o a diaper for a while. All was good until she decided she wanted to dig in the trash. I was busy at the sink, and I turn around to see what Lily is doing and I see the funniest thing I've ever seen. Lily had gotten the container that Taco Bell gives you for your nachos, out of the trash, had it up to her face and was licking the cheese, and beans off the container. Yes, gross, but also funny. I go over to her and tell her no, to which she laughs and sticks her hand back IN the trash can. I tell her no again and kind of pop her hand. She laughs again and sticks her hand in the trash AGAIN. So then I pick her up and take her over by the sink with me. She then starts throwing her little tantrum, and starts crying. At this point I'm over by the trash turning it around so she can't get into it. I turn back around and see Lily half crying, and notice the floor is all wet, and she is still peeing on the floor. WHAT? You have got to be kidding me. I'm also on the phone with Brett while all this is going on. I'm laughing and finish picking up her mess from the trash can, and then look up to see my child now sitting on the floor, trying to splash the pee. Oh goodness. So I get off the phone with Brett, pick up Lily and get her in the bath. I then get Molly home from next door. She comes in and I tell her to go sit with Lily in the bathroom really quick while I finish dinner. I then hear the water running and Lily laughing a lot. I then ask Molly if she is in the bath with Lily, to which she replies yes. MMMM....okay, so what about dinner.
I do what any tired mom would do with finished dinner....
I make myself my plate, and sit down to eat in peace. I did finish my dinner before the girls wanted to get out of the bath.
So there is my 15 minutes of humorous fun for ya! Times like that make me so happy to be a mom, and see what our kids do!
Hope you guys were able to picture Miss Lily being a trash digger/eater, and pee player!
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Oh what a day.
Posted by Melanie at 4/29/2009 07:48:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










5 sunshines:
AT least it wasn't diarrhea.
Oh my goodness, what a day! Why does that stuff always happen when our husband is out of time?!
opps...I meant town
Sounds similar to our day today, except you are actually laughing about it... I am not. :) At least you have the right attitude to just laugh it off... I am having a hard time doing so. :) Glad Brett is back in town, I know you and the girls missed him!
Such a fun story! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment